Think before you Drink…Healthy Hydration for Your amazing body 🙂
Are some of your favourite everyday drinks coke, diet coke, Pepsi, red bull, cartooned juices or any other soda’s, bottled drinks…?
I think a lot of people know the effects that the likes of Coke, Pepsi, Red Bull, and majority of these sugary drinks including Cartooned Juice’s have on our bodies or people do and they ignore it, none of us are invisible; but if you don’t, let me fill you in on the negative effects these drinks have on our bodies (incl. preventing weight loss, increase of toxic chemicals in our bodies, dehydration, energy crash, depresses your immune system, ages your skin)
Most people consume these because they feel they need an “energy boost”, “sugar craving” , “thirsty”, all of these reasons are your body telling you that you are actually lacking water and nutrients. Really your body is calling for you to feed it with water and vitamins and minerals., all of these which can be gotten just as quickly as a sugar drink.
Your average soda will have somewhere between 27 to 30 grams of sugar per 8 ounces. Most cans of soda are 12 ounce servings or more. Diet Drinks while they do not contain sugar, they contain sweetener,which is a chemical manufactured to taste sweet like sugar (These are NO BETTER for your body than sugar, I go as far as saying probably worse), Fruit flavoured juices contain 8 tsp sugar so where you can squeeze your own juice, yes they will still contain sugar but there are no additives, it is natural sugar, where you can have water/herbal,fruit tea’s/vegi or natural fruit juice to rehydrate. (Also eating watermelon and cucumber rehydrate your body very quickly as they are composed of almost 90 water)
**High-fructose corn syrup has the most of all sugar side effects. High-fructose corn syrup is used heavily in processed foods and drinks (note this is in majority processed foods so the less processed and less often, the best, even BREAD is processed) because it is sweeter, extends the shelf life, and is cheaper to produce. You will find it in most sodas, fruit-flavoured drinks and packaged foods. Unfortunately, its effects are horrific to your health and body, it is a completely manufactured chemical.
**The Water in this picture i believe is a fruit flavoured water hence the sugar in it.
Some facts on the what sugar in these everyday drinks(mainly fizzy/soda/carbonated/canned/bottled) do:
· It feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, lung, gallbladder and stomach.
· It can cause autoimmune diseases such as: arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis.
· It greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida yeast infections.
· It can increase the size of your liver by making your liver cells divide and it can increase the amount of liver fat.
· It can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney such as the formation of kidney stones.
· It can increase your risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
· It can cause hormonal imbalances such as: increasing estrogen in men, exacerbating PMS, and decreasing growth hormone.
· Your body changes it into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.
· Increase chances of Type 2 Diabetes and inhibitsmineral and vitamin absorption.
· Causes dehydrationand the need for more and more sugar.
· Leaves toxins in our body that inhibit nutrient absorption resulting in a vicious circle effect (You wanting more processed foods and drinks because you are not absorbing any).
Needless to say there is a ton more reasons why high sugar/sweetener drinks (diet too) are bad for your body and your diet and ways in which you can rehydrate and quinch your thirst without jeopardising your health. If you do have a sugary/sweetened drink, try keeping it few and far betweenJ.
Ways for Healthy Hydration instead of needing the sugar drinks:
· Drink Water
· Drink Herbal Tea or Fruit Tea
· Drink Hot Water with slice of lemon/orange/lime and small squeeze of organic honey.
· Drink some fresh squeezed vegi juice or if you need the sugar mix fresh vegi and fruit juice.
· Eat some Watermelon or Cucumber – 90% Water content
· Drink water with dash of fresh fruit juice if you think water is too bland (although we are made of mostly water and we ain’t bland …. ;))
Hope this helps to hydrate your Amazing body in the best way possible and the after effects it has.