So i have started reading this new book that was recommended to me called Maximum Achievment by Brian Tracy. Now i had never heard of Brian Tracy so did not know of his work or his fame in this area. So i took the recommendation and ordered it on Chapters, collected my book last night and today on my lunch began the journey into some more knowledge on self discovery and reaching my ‘Maximum Achievment’ .
As i am moving to Edmonton soon with my other half and i am happily finishing up the job i have worked the last two years in (like a DRONE) i might add i have been really gaining my inner power to really try and reach my maximum and not let myself be limited by my own doing or others doing for that matter, which i feel i have let myself do for the last 2 years in this job, i have squashed my intelligence, creativity and power…but NO MORE!
So i wanted to share with you some of the already inspiring words that i have gotten from this book and i am not even 20 pages in……Needless to say i am more than excited to keep reading…
Peace of mind is central to your very existence. It is the basic precondition for enjoying everything else.
I learned that if i didn’t commit to achieving my own happiness, no one else would. If my aim in life was only to make others happy, i would always be at the mercy of the feelings of others, whoever they might be.
If you achieve all kinds of things in the material world but lose your health and piece of mind, you get little or no pleasure from your other accomplishments.
How much two people, or a family, laugh together is the surest single measure of how well things are going. When a relationship is truly happy, people laugh alot when they’re together.
Keep that skin glowing and weight shifting, Working from the inside-out….Wheatgrass…….WOW!
Keep that skin glowing and weight shifting, Working from the inside-out….Wheatgrass…….WOW!
So, I wanted to highlight the benefits of one of the most naturals things we have available to us, wheatgrass!
I have long heard of, but actually only in the last few months gotten into the extremely amazing benefits of Wheatgrass!
I have suffered with Acne since I was 13/14 and in school it was bad! I wish I knew then what I knew now…but alas., my acne cleared up for the most part in my 20’s but since last Oct made a re-appearance with a BANG, painful, sore, irritating, itchy and made me feel awful about my skin (I know sounds like a pro-active advert) but seriously I felt horrible, and conscious about it. I was looking for all sorts of remedies and none worked, UNTIL I want back to basics and worked from the inside out…..I introduced Wheatgrass into my diet….it has been a life saver, combined with cod liver oil tablets, juices and organic face wash and moisturizer my acne is almost clear… :O ! IT works wonders!!! This is just one story of mine about the benefits of wheatgrass and working on your body from the “Inside-Out”,
Also it aids in weightloss: Before i get too chemical here, i’ll break it down:
1) When toxins enter your body they have an affinity for fat cells, due to the fact that they are fat soluble. Toxins attach themselves to fat cells and release a hormone called Leptin, when to much toxins are taken in through bad food,drinks etc, leptin is released repeatdly causing the receptors to burn out. Remember, Leptin is the hormone that tells the brain to burn fat for energy. Therefore, weight gain that does not respond to exercise or diet is inevitably due to Leptin resistance.
2) The toxins also cause the release of chemicals called cytokines that damage Leptin receptors in the brain (hypothalamus). Once the receptors to Leptin have been damaged, Weight Loss Resistance is only the first of many problems.
Therefore…….Wheatgrass eliminates alot of these toxins that get into your body through bad foods, drinks, cosmetics.
NOW….let me give you all the other amazing benefits you will gain, it is a super food, trust me!
· Lowers blood pressure. It cleanses the blood, organs and intestinal tract of debris. It also aids in reducing blood pressure by dilating the blood pathways throughout the body.
· Stimulates the thyroid gland and metabolism, correcting obesity, indigestion, and a host of other complaints.
· It can be used to relieve many internal pains, and has been used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other complaints of the intestinal tract.
· Is a powerful detoxifier, liver and blood protector. The enzymes and amino acids found in wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies the liver and bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.
· Fights tumors and neutralizes toxins. The many active compounds found in grass juice cleanse the blood and neutralize and digest toxins in our cells.
· Has remarkable similarity to our own blood. The second important nutritional aspect of chlorophyll is its remarkable similarity to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. Chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, and fat particles are absorbed directly into the blood via the lymphatic system, that chlorophyll can also be absorbed in this way. In other words, when the “blood” of plants is absorbed in humans it is transformed into human blood, which transports nutrients to every cell of the body.
· Externally applied to the skin can help eliminate itching almost immediately.
· Will soothe sunburned skin and act as a disinfectant. Rubbed into the scalp before a shampoo, it will help mend damaged hair and alleviate itchy, scaly, scalp conditions.
· Is soothing and healing for cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, poison ivy, athlete’s foot, insect bites, boils, sores, open ulcers, tumors, and so on. Use as a poultice and replace every two to four hours.
· Works as a sleep aide. Merely place a tray of living wheatgrass near the head of your bed. It will enhance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help you sleep more soundly.
· Enhances your bath. Add some to your bath water and settle in for a nice, long soak.
· BIG ONE- Sweetens the breath and body odor’s because of the high content of Chlorophyll and firms up and tightens gums. Just gargle with the juice.
· Neutralizes toxic substances like cadmium, nicotine, strontium, mercury, and polyvinyl chloride.
It benefits are unreal, I can’t believe more people don’t take this, ok it’s not the most amazing taste, but how amazing does straight vodka taste to you, be honest, it taste’s rotten straight , yet most of us have no problem shoving it back and it unlike wheatgrass does not come with the same body benefits, it will in fact be so nice as to reverse the effects vodka takes on your body (don’t get me wrong, I’m not bashing on drinking peeps, I like a drink) but you see my point I hope! One quick shot and there you go….body benefit done….HOLLA
Grow it yourself or buy it dried organic in health food shop like I do and mix it in with some water or your juice/smoothie!!
Our bodies naturally detoxify everyday as part of a normal body process. Detoxification is one of the body’s most basic automatic functions of eliminating and neutralizing toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymphand skin. Unfortunately in this day and age, with the pollution found in the air, water and food we eat, our bodies have a hard time keeping up. Our chemicalized diet with too much processed foods, vegetable oils and trans fats, non-organic foods, caffeine and alcohol radically changes our internal ecosystem.
Body systems and organs that were once capable of cleaning out unwanted substances are now completely over-loaded to the point where toxic material remains inside our tissues. Our bodies try to protect us from dangerous substances by setting it aside, surrounding it with mucous and fat so that it will not cause an imbalance or trigger an immune response (some people carry up to 15 extra pounds of mucous that harbors this waste).
Detoxification through special cleansing processes is the best way to assist your body’s natural self-cleaning system. It is especially important for immune-compromised diseases like cancer, arthritis, diabetes and chronic fatigue. However, even if your diet is good, a spring cleanse can revitalize your system and rid your body of harmful bacteria, viruses and parasites. Here are some simple detox tips to get you started…
4 Simple Detox Tips
1. Drink More Water
Too often we misinterpret thirst for hunger. Our signal for thirst may cause us to eat as we mistake it for hunger pains. Reach for water first and make sure you are well hydrated before eating any meal throughout the day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Where possible make sure to drink your water at least 30 minutes before eating as this will allow time for the water to properly penetrate the cells of your body and hydrate your stomach lining in preparation for proper digestion. I like to add lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to my water or green it up with barley grass powder, wheatgrass powder, spirulina or chlorella.
2. Add A Green Juice To Your Day
Green juices are an amazing way to add life giving and detoxifying plant chlorophyll to your bloodstream. As Jason Vale says in ‘Hungry For Change’, “juicing is the ultimate fast food, it is a 15 minute nutrient express to health”. Some of my favorite and simple green juice recipes include:
Green Juice Recipe Ideas:
– Celery, lemon and pear (or apple)
– Celery, cucumber, lemon (leave the skin on) and pear (or apple)
– Celery, cucumber, kale, lemon and pear (or apple)
– Celery, cucumber, lemon, parsley and pear (or apple)
I also like to stir whatever green powders I have laying around the house into my juices to green them up even more! Again try barley grass, wheatgrass, spirulina or chlorella powders.
3. Add More Parsley and Cilantro (Coriander) To Your Diet
Parsley and cilantro (coriander) are very powerful natural green plant foods for detoxing heavy metals out of your body. Add these amazing herbs to juices, salads, soups and meals.
Heavy Metal Detox Pesto Recipe:
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium source) or macadamia nuts
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine source)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium sources)
1 cup fresh cilantro (corriander)
1 cup parsley
2/3 cup cold pressed olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice (Vitamin C source)
Big pinch of sea salt and or dulse flakes to flavor
Soak the seeds and nuts over night to release the enzyme exhibitors. Process the parsley, cilantro (corriander) and olive oil in a blender until chopped. Add the garlic, nuts, and seeds, salt / dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well also if needs be. Enjoy!
4. Breathe Deep Into Your Abdomen
Deep breathing, where you fill your belly and expand your diaphragm downwards, is one of the most powerful exercise you can do to activate your lymph system which helps to detoxify your body. Think of your lymph system as your own personal garbage removal system (which most of us will need in full steam after the holiday season). Practise 10 deep slow breaths counting 4 seconds in, 8 seconds hold and 8 seconds out. You can do this exercize watching the TV, walking the dog, during meditation or whilst practising yoga.
According to the ‘Tao of Breathing’ up to 70% of our body’s waste products are eliminated via our lungs and the rest through the urine, skin and feces. When the efficiency of our lungs is reduced due to poor breathing less oxygen is available to our cells, it slows down the flow of blood which carries wastes from the kidneys and lungs. Our lymphatic system which fights off viral and bacterial invaders is weakened along with a slower digestive process.
Breathe long slow and deep in a mindful state as often as possible.